Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our California Adventure







After a really long flight and hassel of luggage and rent car (oh to be rich and have a private jet!) we arrived at our hotel at midnight California time -Two Arkansas time. Needless to say we were tired. At the airport in Arkansas Brodie randomly asked "Mommy, where is Kris Allen?" A girl sitting behind us turned around and looked at Brodie. I responded with, "I have no idea." The girl, Katy Allen, said, "He took a different flight to California." After looking at her I asked if she was Kris's wife and she confirmed that to be true. I was so shocked. She talked to us a long time and then signed Brodie's notebook he brought in case we saw someone famous. Then Brodie wanted to ask her a question. He said, "Do you know Sadie and Stella?" Sadie and Stella are his counsins - three and five - who live in Conway. She was so sweet. She said, "I don't think I do? How old are they?" It was really fun and she was very kind. Upon arrival at LAX she was escorted to a private room while someone waited on her luggage. Then they took her to a waiting car. On the way out she came by and said goodnight to Brodie which I thought was really kind of her.
The next morning we headed to Santa Monica and Malibu. We hung out on the beach for a while and had so much fun we ended up renting bikes and riding to Venice Beach. That is where we saw many of the Freaks I spoke of on Facebook. It is very cool here and the water was freezing. We did have fun running in the water and playing, but I don't plan on swimming in it anytime soon. I was thankful that I threw in a jacket for Brodie and my sweater. I wore the sweater all day even when we were riding bikes. We rode the ferris wheel and a roller coaster too. Around 2:00 we headed to San Diego. It was a beautiful drive by the ocean and through lots of nice towns. Ben was amazed at the extremely expensive cars that were driving around. I really couldn't tell you the name of any, but some were 200,000 dollar cars.
At the beach Brodie wanted to take pictures to send to his friends at New School. He wanted to write Hi, Ms Natalie, I love you and I miss you. I wish David, Xavier, and JC were here. I love all my friends....... I thought we could accomplish all that with Hello New School.
Last night we went to Sea World for a few hours and stayed for the fireworks. We headed back to the hotel and got to sleep as quickly as we could. We were all tired. Brodie got so mad at us he said he was sleeping in the chair. That changed when we turned out the lights! This morning we have had a great breakfast and our attitudes are much improved.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: